Monday, August 20, 2007

Pre-Season Rankings

Weather you like them or not they are out there and they create buzz around NCAA football.

I will list the top 5 from a few pre-season polls

Sports Illustrated
1. USC
2. LSU
3. Florida
4. West Virginia*
5. Louisville
(6. Michigan)

Sporting News
1. USC
2. LSU
3. Michigan
4. West Virginia*
5. Florida

AP
1. USC
2. LSU
3. West Virginia *
4. Texas
5. Michigan

USA Today
1. USC
2. LSU
3. Florida
4. Texas
5. Michigan
(6. West Virginia)

*USA Today has this right. I personally think that Michigan belongs between 5 and 7. The ranking that I think is an absolute outrage is West Virginia. I do not believe that this team belongs in the top five and mark my words, this ranking will not last long. Although their schedule will afford them a high rank until later in the season, when they come up against a few tough teams. Rutgers and Louisville. This is too bad, because they are taking a spot from many other teams that I believe deserve to be ranked higher, such as Ohio State and Oklahoma.

No comments: