Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Michigan v Notre Dame Week

"To Hell with Notre Dame"

1989, The Big House, on a rainy September 16th. This game and the two kickoff returns by Rocket Ismail sealed my hatred for the golden domers. Although this wasn't my first game at the Big House, it was one of my first memories as a teenager and a young burgeoning Michigan fan.

I can still hear the pitter patter of the rain hitting my parka and every time Michigan beats Notre Dame I feel it is just one more step in the redemption they have to pay for ruining one of my first Big House experiences.

This season both teams come into this game looking like dogs that need to be put out of their misery, but as the years have taught me, this rivalry brings out the best in these athletes. the stats, wins and losses all mean nothing when the whistle blows this Saturday at Notre Dame.

Some recent History of this Rivalry. Article about Wies and "To Hell with Michigan", and highlights from last years game.

2002 M 23 ND 25

2003 M 38 ND 0

2004 M 20 ND 28

2005 M 10 ND 17

2006 M 47 ND 21

2007 M 38 ND 0

2008 TBA

Nothing like a hairy viking growling, GO BLUE. Think he trains with Barwis?



Context

No comments: